Thanks for tuning in again. Listen to the above episode and discover my system for a closet clean out in the quickest way I know is possible without just tossing it all away! I warn you, it’s unconventional when you first hear it.
BUT Before you begin, if you haven’t completed the first episode and downloaded it’s worksheet, then head HERE to give it a quick listen and increase your odds of success throughout this journey. Because that episode helps you FIND YOUR WHY, which keeps you motivated and on track.
Once you’ve listened, here is my system for organizing my closet.
Think of your closet as your own personal boutique!
- I color block my clothes, hang sleeveless tops starting on one side and moving along to longer sleeve lengths as I move along the closet. I do this with every color grouping.
- I also hang everything facing the same direction and I use all velvet hangers (they come in packs of 50 at Costco and my clothes don’t slip off them).
- My pants are hung with the bum facing in and legs folded to the right side, and my jeans are folded with the pocket/bum facing up so I can quickly establish what brand/style they are.
- Sweaters are folded and on a shelf because hanging knits causes them to stretch.
- And nothing gets hidden in dark corners. I know that if I can’t see it, I won’t wear it.
Play Dress Up
Now go back to that list of feelings and play dress-up with what is left in your closet to put together a few outfits that make you feel the way you want to feel. Try to pair items you haven’t worn together before. This includes shoes and accessories. Having a few looks up your sleeve will make getting dressed a whole lot easier in the future, and it’s actually a lot of fun. Pour a glass of wine and call it a party.
What about the unwanted clothes?
Hang onto them. They still have a purpose, just make sure they are out of your sightline for now.
And that’s it for now! Don’t forget to get your FREE downloadable PDF worksheet associated with this episode! Just click HERE.
So tell me, after listening, will you do the work? Will you be one for the few who puts in the time to ensure you are successful on your journey to finding or redefining your personal style? And I probably shouldn’t ask, but do you think my method is completely crazy?
Let me know. Also, if you have questions leave them in the comments below.